Perpetual Springtime

Infatuation a time
when the world seems
in a perpetual springtime
and the person of interest
is nothing short of perfection.
If all our days
we live this feeling of infatuation
Life would be such a joy
But things turn differently
As people get used to each other
Then infatuation fades
and is replaced either by true love,
or disinterest.

by Bashar Al Nasser, A Poet with Pinching Sense of Sarcasm



But given the choice
I would choose neither
Not romantic true love
Nor a disinterested one.
Instead, I hope for friendship
Friendship that withstands
Any seasons of life
Any differences in time
And ways of living
A Friendship that is perpetual
And thrives around the world.

by Jeremyran, a hopeless romantic


July 2005

Comments

  1. I'm so glad I was able to get in touch with Bashar again after three years! Well, I'm hands up. I hibernated that long. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Each day Becomes One Day Less

Thank you for calling. How can I help you?

Distance