Online Conversation

Are you there?
Hi there.
I’m reading your poems now.
Okay.
Hey, why is there always a sad tone?
……….
If you prefer not to answer, no problem.
I was just asking. Forget it.

……….
How are you today?
……….

…She couldn’t reply.
She was just staring at the monitor
Her fingers rested on the keyboard
Her mind couldn’t give a reason.
She was struck by his question.
Indeed, why is there always a sad tone?

She asked herself,
“Is it because I usually write when I feel low?
Or sad themes are what I’m good in writing at?
Or is it simply because I’m just actually sad…”
Then she read again the poem entries she posted
She sighed.
She thought she was able to disguise the real pain
With the plain words she used
But damn! She didn’t seem to hide it after all.
He saw it.
He felt it in her words…

But next time you feel sad
Do come online and speak to me.


She really wanted to cry
Not because she’s sad again
But because she’s glad
That somehow
Someone offers an ear
That for a long time she has been wishing for
There’s someone whom she can talk to
Whom she can pour her heart out…
Whom she can feel
That somebody listens, after all…

September 2005

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Each day Becomes One Day Less

Distance

Thank you for calling. How can I help you?