Moon in the Sky

He called her Moon.
She pouted.
She didn’t like it.
He asked why.
She replied
"It’s like you’re telling I’m fat!
Has round face like the moon."

He laughed and gently told her,
"You’re my Moon
Because you light my life.
Like what the Moon does in the dark night sky.
The object that I always look up to
In the silence of solitude."

She thought for a while.
Nice.
Taken.
Deal.
She agreed to be called Moon.

They talked for hours
Family, work,
Life, love
They laughed even at the most simple things.

Then he called her honey.
She didn’t like it.
"Just Moon.
Nothing else."

He felt bad.
But he understood.
And never mentioned it again.

Then she called her sky.
However, he told her not to call him that way.
She wondered why.

He replied,
"The Moon and the Sky are related,
While you and me are not.
The Moon dwells in the vast Sky.
While you, you refuse to be mine.
I can’t be your sky."

The Moon laughed and tenderly said
"Where else could the Moon stay
Than in the loving embrace of the Sky?
The Moon is destined to light the dark night Sky.
But destiny doesn’t necessarily mean
That it’s now.
The Sky has to wait
For darkness to come,
For the night…
For Moon to dwell into his embrace."

July 2005

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Each day Becomes One Day Less

Thank you for calling. How can I help you?

Distance